Sunday, July 22, 2007

Revue Day 3

After a nice day off (Kinda) I was back at the Revue I was excited about shooting this days games. During the games on Saturday I noticed a balcony on the west side of the court and thought that would be a good place to shoot. I saw Lennie up there during the Jazz game and he reaffirmed my thoughts of that being a good place to shoot so I wanted to get up there myself. For the first two games I did shoot from there and got some good stuff from both games.

That was fun so I thought I need to try something different each day I’m here because this is a great chance to experiment a little.

For the Jazz game I was done experimenting for the day and went back to the floor. During the first quarter of the game Tony came over and told me he wanted to do a story about the referees because they were new trying to make the NBA just like the players. So I started to watch the refs run all over the floor. I’ve got tons of ref pictures over the few months I’ve been shooting basketball, granted they were their all shots of their ass but I do have pictures of them. When I was trying to shot the ref I was getting nothing at all this was the best and I did not like it much.
So in the second half I got an idea! To do this I needed my lens that was in my bag so I ran over and grabbed it and went back to my spot on the floor did some practice shots then the first time I tried to get the ref I got exactly what I wanted.
There was a second ref but he moved a lot more when he was running so it did not turn out as well. Tony also mentioned that he was going to write about the new dancers so I had to get some shots of them, this job can be a bitch!;) I thought their hair would be on my side but most the time it just got in my way and ruined my shots.

2 comments:

the.kim.peterson said...

I think I like it best when you expirement. You can get that similar angle in the huntsman center if you go to the first and second row. With a 400 you could probably go a bit higher.

Mike Terry said...

Man the Jazz girls are great....thanks for including them....really.