Monday, June 18, 2007

A Good Week, Spoiled

I have been lazy I have slacked on writing new post for the blog, except for the snowbird one. For the last month I have had stuff to write about I just have not. Now I’m going to make a better effort to make posts so I will write about last week. I had a lot to write about last week alone so I will do one post to cover it all and get all caught up.

On Monday I got to take pictures of the Utes football camp. Each kid got to have their picture taken with Utes Coach Kyle Whittingham it was the fastest I have ever shot we had an hour to take about 300 pictures but the faster the better so I took 289 pictures in about 15 minutes my arm was cramping like crazy. In the end it was really fun and got me excited about the next foot ball season.



Next I took an assignment from the paper to shoot the memorial of Charles Dwayne Wilson a professor in the collage of social work at The U. It was my first time shooting a memorial it was hard because I did not want to disrupt the proceedings but I’ve never had such a loud shutter but I liked what I got it showed the sadness in the room that day.





When I took in the pictures from the memorial I took a photo illustration to that I was proud of. One of the buildings at The U is totally green friendly so it illustrate this I took a picture of the building and then made a leaf cut out to place the building in side of it. I think it looked good but when I saw it in the paper they had added a logo of the agency that over sees the emissions of the building and I think I looked great, Thanks!

Last one was the Real Salt Lake game I got some good stuff but to get to the game was a pain I left the monopod at the Sports Imaging office so before the game I had to go back out there to get that. Once in the press box I realized the monopod was again in the car! So I got to run back a second time to get it what a pain in my ass. I got some good shots.
I even spotted Trent up in the stands. This was how exciting the game was until the second half when the teams almost came to blows on multiple occasions then in extra time when FC Dallas scored to beat Real for the second time this season. The Dallas goalie got a final laugh as the fans keep ridding him all game about how bad he was and he was going to give up so many goals it was funny until he got the trump card, SOREBORD!










This was a good week up to Friday normally Friday is a good day but in the morning I got out of bed to a phone call from my brother asking me to come to 27th west and 35th south because he had been in an accident coming home from work. So I went and he told me the ambulance was there. The accident was worse than I thought. It turns out that he got hit when making a left hand turn but what made it bad was Trav did not have his seat belt on so he hit the windshield with his head which knocked him out and according to witnesses he drove in a doughnut in the intersection after being knocked out before he stopped. We spent the day at the doctors checking out his bloody head, his swollen wrist, and bruised knees. In the end Trav is ok his head is ok his knees are only bruised and his wrist was broken. He was lucky next time he drives he should just be smart and put on a seat belt.

No comments: