Friday, June 29, 2007

Draft Night

Last night I got to shoot the boring side of sports. The games are fun and I love to do that but I figure if I want to shoot as much sports as I can the NBA draft is something I needed to try and shoot and I got that chance last night. It was about as exciting as I had expected I got shots of people watching TV always fun! When I went into it I planned on getting shots of all the Jazz people at the table talking shit like that and I did that. What I did not get was Larry H. Miller he did not show until just before the Jazz made their pick and left Right after every picture I got had him putting his hand over his face the only face shot I got was this one of him blowing his nose.The best pictures proved to be the ones of the fans I had hoped for crowed shots after seeing the excitement that was the front office. Luckily in the front row was 4 experienced draft goers according to the other photographers told me they were there last year and watching them they did know how make a good picture they were making signs like in this picture.
This is one of my favorites I don’t know if it will show up on here but you can read the sign in his glasses it says “Sloan is the man”They were not only good to the print guys the TV guys also got video of them. They are true pros!One drawback to shooting the draft was I had to miss the Sports Imaging shoot. What made it sad was it was the début of Brian’s mullet. This all came about when Brian came back from his Mormon mission the first thing Brian said to his brother Cody was “I hate your hair.” Well Cody got back from his mission on Wednesday. To prepare for Cody’s return Brian has spent months growing his hair to set Cody up for the same greeting. Well with Cody back it was time to cut the hair but first Brian went with the always classy mullet. Well at the shoot someone got a test shot of the mullet and here it is in all its glory.I had to have lunch with Brian today so I could get a good look at it myself it is awesome!

No comments: