Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SELL, SELL, SELL

For two and a half days I was shooting a softball tournament of 8 and 10 year old girls. It was my first tournament for Sports Imaging in a while and it was tough to get back in the mode of getting a lot of shots that sell. I need batting running and fielding of each girl so there is not a lot of time to get interesting angles or high action.

On Saturday the final day of the tournament I got some good stuff. West valley had a great defensive inning so they were excited on their way back to the dugout. One girl jumped into her coaches arms.
It was way hot so another coach was throwing water to cool down his players and the pitcher welcomed the water with open arms.My favorite picture of the tournament took place during the 8:30 game it was early enough that the sun was casting a shadow when the runners came up the 1st base line making cool pictures. Like this one of the girl running right in front of me.I had to crop this a lot because the picture includes the full runner because a photo like this would not sell a tournament. I wish I had shot some full frame because I feel it is a little grainy.

No comments: