Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Openings at the Chronicle

For those that don’t know each year the Chronicle does a opening edition that gets mailed out to students and alumni it is done at the end of summer and is mailed out before fall classes start. Any way instead of the normal 8 to 15 pages it is a full sized paper with full 6 sections. That took up a lot of my time because I got most the assignments on Tuesday night and they were due on the next Monday and it was the same weekend as the Softball tournament so I could not shoot a lot myself. My photographers did a great job but I still had a lot of assignments to do that I had to do after deadline. One was for the cover story about the Marriott Library reopening after the construction. We have an old photo of the library a construction photo and a current photo the cover looks really nice, wish I had a copy to post.

I had to take the current photo and I was trying to get as close to the pre construction photo as I could when I got back I realized I was off by a lot on my location in this shot.So I went back the next night and found that the old location would not work because of a new light pole and a new tree that blocked the view.
So not to waste the drive up there I turned the camera on Lana again having some fun.Then it got darker so I did some ghost pictures this one I wish I had the library more in focus.This was the best one of the night and is my new desktop picture on my laptop.

No comments: