Saturday, June 7, 2008

Presidential Visit

I know that I have not done a very good job when it comes to posting on my blog but I want to make an effort to post regularly I my goal is to post something once a week. I want to start off slow because if I set the bar to high I will never meet it I will make my first regular post with President Bush.

President Bush came to Salt Lake and during his time here he was going to give a presidential service award to a former U student. So I went down to take the picture of it. I got there and went through all the security checks that were intense enough they made me start to question whether or not I had anything illegal maybe I accidently had something on me I should not have had on me. I was taken to a flat bed where I could take pictures from. After a long wait the Air Force One finally touched down.
Bush came out, waved.
Gave Rick Pehrson the service award

Turned and got into his Limo and left.
I figured that is how it would go but it was a pain in the ass to wait for over an hour to see him for 2 min (if that). Well it was still a cool experience that I’m glad I had the chance to do.

I also have the thank Rick Egan for his help at this event. Your help was the best Thanks again!

1 comment:

Jarad 31 said...

Nice work Ty, I'm jealous. I really like the images you got. Probably almost portfolio worthy!!